OWBN: Dayton Dying Embers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning to share

2 posters

Go down

Learning to share Empty Learning to share

Post by Day Zhi Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:16 pm

The pit rustles. Data emerges from underneath with a ball in his mouth. With mild difficulty, he scampers out of the pit. He shakes himself out, then heads for the exit with his prize.
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Learning to share Empty Re: Learning to share

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:11 pm

((Hey you! I know you started this a while ago but do you mind if my char comes to interact? Seemed a tad silly for me to start another thread in here when there was a perfectly good, sadly unanswered one))
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:52 pm

((I don't see a problem with it.))
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Diana pushed the button to the floor she'd been ignoring for a while and anxiously awaited for it to arrive to her desitinaton. She thought it had to be a joke. There couldn't really be a floor with a ball pit could there? Maybe it was just what the called the nursery here? You know where the babues and moms of the sept could spend time, but why they wouldn't hang out in a park or something she didn't know.

The elevator arrived at the floor and Diana poked her head out to look around. It wasn't a joke! There was literally a giant ball out in the floor. Flabbergasted Diana stepped out and looked around. Where there rules for the ball pit? Were only certain aged people allowed to play in them much like at whatever restaurant still had ball pits for the little tikes to play in.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:26 pm

A small noise of surprise came from right next to the elevator. The wolf wasn't expecting another cliath to show up. Changing course, he set down his new toy and lightly howled a hello to the newcomer. He then hopped to the edge of the pit and waited, looking back expectantly.
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Diana turns and smiles at the wolf "O-oh hello" she remembered seeing the wolf her first night here but a fight had broken out shortly after it had arrived she didn't get a chance to find out if this was another Garou or if local wolf Kin were allowed to run around the caren. Considering the wolf could use the elevator she figured it was Garou but maybe they'd taught the local wolves how to use the elevator. She'd seen weirder videos online of dogs "driving" like mopeds and riding bikes she wouldn't have been surprised if someone decided to teach the wolves. They were smarter than dogs after all. Diana looked down at the ball the wolf had left then back up and the wolf "Are you wanting to play?"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:57 pm

The child of Gaia vigorously bounced at the mention of play. He ran around pit, then took one final look at Dia before diving under. The balls rustled as he tunneled through. He sprang up on the side near her and again clambered out with another ball. He gleefully dropped the new ball at her feet, a blue one this time.
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:37 am

a soft chuckle escapes her lips "I take that as a yes" she sets her back pack down and picks up the ball "Now the question is, are you wanting me to throw the ball or jump in the ball pit?" She glances around again. She didn't see a set of rules but that didn't mean there weren't some. She had no idea why there would be a floor with a giant ball pit but she sure wanted to know before she dived in and got herself in trouble
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:21 pm

The wolf makes a happy noise when she picks up the toy, and then begins sputtering and hacking. After a few seconds, he coughs up a piece of paper. The slobbery note is still somewhat legible. At a glance, it seems to be a general message of advisory for cubs in the sept. It encourages the neonates to play nice and respect the pit, signed by the den father. Data looks at the note, then looks at Dia, then starts dancing again when he sees the ball in her hand.

Last edited by Day Zhi on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Diana wrinkles her nose in disgust at the note. She bends down to try and read it with out actually touching it. She then looks at the wolf "You ate the rules of the pit?" she chuckles slightly then tosses the blue ball into the other side of the pit. Was this the den father? Or a cub? They were still in wolf form so she wasn't even sure if it was male or female.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Data approaches her as she nears the note. When she throws the ball, he makes a mad dash for it. His haphazard pursuit catches the paper on his back paw, shredding it irreparably. He trips into the pit and flails about. He scrambles out the other side and then shakes himself off. He turns to Dia and makes several yips and soft growls.
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Diana covers her mouth and chuckles softly as she watches the wolf scramble about "S-sorry, you did indicate you wanted to play though did you not" she would smile at the wolf "Are you one of the cubs here?"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Data seemingly listens to her while meeting her stare. He walks over to her and then makes some more sounds; he barks a question and waits for an answer.
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:12 pm

((can someone remind me if we can understand each other in different forms? If so please actually state the question lol))
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

((Well, what I'm working off is that normal speech is inter-form only, homid to homid and lupus to lupus. Characters can spend a willpower to cross over, so a lupus garou can speak human English words that way. Crinos basically can't talk, but they do have mother's tongue, the ubiquitous garou language that all werewolves learn/use and understand in all forms.))
((Even if I'm wrong there, I guarantee our roleplay is still accurate; Data would have been growling gibberish. There's a definite motive here, doh ho ho.))
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 pm

((Ok just asking, when I was Ravyn at one point talking to a freshly turned cub they could understand me even though I was homid so I thought it worked all ways. I'll post an actual reply on break I had to sneak off to post this >.> ))
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Diana would frown slightly as she didn't understand any of what the wolf just said "Odd, I'm sorry I didn't understand any of that." she would smile again "Well I know you are not the Den Father as you would have been more than likely demanding to know what I was doing here." Diana held her hand out to shake, assuming the wolf wanted to shake. "My name is Diana. I'm a cliath, homid born, theurge who was chosen to be of Uktena tribe. It's a pleasure to meet you" Diana honestly didn't know what rank the wolf was but that didn't matter. She was still going to introduce herself. She was fairly certain the wolf in front of her was not the Den parent. Maybe it was just another who was curious about the fact there was a ball pit on the Sept? By this point she could assume it wasn't a wolf kin as it seemed to understand her well enough. It was just odd that the wolf wasn't speaking, or at least that she couldn't understand it.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Data gently sniffed her hand. Suddenly, he dove under the pit. After a few moments of rustling, a fair Latino crawled out. Obviously it was the same individual, confirmed by his middle pure breed. Shaking out his jacket, he ambled back to his new friend. He smiled wide.
"Kin?"
He nods his head expectantly.
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:51 am

Slightly startled by the sudden diving into the ball pit Diana stood up and waiting. What was the wolf doing? Oh! he was shifting. Ok that made more sense. It was now confirmed to her that she had been talking to a male wolf. Diana smiled at him "Friend?" she assumed that's what he meant by Kin. She didn't have much interaction with lupus born so she wasn't fully sure, not that she had much interactions with anything born. Socializing had never been a strong point for her. Diana was also assuming he was lupus born his mannerisms seemed to indicate it anyways.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Hm. His eyes roamed the room. He understood what she said, but clearly that was a one-way transaction. He put his hand to his mouth and repeated himself without making eye contact, but again he did not know how to finish the word. A light bulb went off for him as he hopped toward the Uktena. He gestured a bit, taking effort to actually extend his hands beyond his sleeves. His erratic waving indicated lowering something, as all his hand movements started high and went down. Finally, he crouched down and touched the floor. He beckoned her downward inbetween his animal posturing.
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Diana watched his waving as the man tried to indicate what he was wanting. She complied and crouched down near him. "Are you wanting me to shift to wolf form?" Depending on how old he was he might not have learned enough homid words to communicate with very well yet. If that was the case she would happily shift, she was still getting used to shifting herself but if it made trying to communicate with him easier then she would comply. Or maybe he knew exactly what he was trying to say and do and she was just slow on the uptake. Which could totally be the case.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:49 pm

"iK hazlo!" Data grew increasingly anxious, as excited as he was exasperated. Why did homids have to be so complicated? His eyes sparkled as he anticipated her transformation. Before she could move though, he slid back into the ball pit and began shifting himself.

((Translation: "Just DO it!"))
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Impatient little pup isn't he Diana chuckled and stood back up. Well he was just going to have to wait a little longer. She walked over to the edge of the room and set her belongings down. No sense in shifting and having it all land on her after all. Once her bag was set down and she made sure it wouldn't be in anyones way should someone else show up. She slowly shifted into lupus, she wasn't terribly familiar with this form still yet but she had practiced enough that it no longer felt extremely weird shifting.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Day Zhi Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Erupting from the pit once more, Data enthusiastically rocketed towards his new companion. He looked her over and smiled. He howled a congratulatory commendation. He asked with his body language if she recognized him, and then he immediately yipped a brief introduction of his breed, auspice, and tribe (lupus, ragabash, gaia child). He communicated his name in pheremones and then formally welcomed her to the Nursery.
Day Zhi
Day Zhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum