OWBN: Dayton Dying Embers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exploring the new Voodoo shop

3 posters

Go down

Exploring the new Voodoo shop Empty Exploring the new Voodoo shop

Post by Dia Halliwell Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:53 pm

After she says good bye to the strange dancing man Diana heads to the voodoo shop. She's still early so she finds a 'clean' spot against a wall across the street and leans against it waiting. Not even sure if he got the note but I can wait 15 minutes or so past when I said I'd be here just in case he does come and is just running late. I would have liked to invite some of the others but I haven't had a chance to get to know many of them yet.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Exploring the new Voodoo shop Empty Re: Exploring the new Voodoo shop

Post by Marcell Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:29 pm

As soon as Diana would find her clean spot and lean back, the first thing she would see has to be impossible.
Not only was that strange dancing man standing in the doorway to the Voodoo shop, not only did it appear as if he had showered and changed, but he seemed to be smiling at her and offering her a mug of something steaming.

(yelling across the street)
"I have tea if you prefer Petite..."
Marcell
Marcell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:13 am

She would look extremely confused and slightly worried (spending a gnosis to peek and sensing Wyrm) frowning slightly she would shake her head "N-not right now thanks..." she doesn't yell back at him but softly answers then looks around to see if her friend was conveniently showing up now. Maybe she'd made a mistake showing up early and alone. How did that guy suddenly get here and completely changed? The walk here wasn't long enough to explain that.  
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Around the corner, came the conveniently arriving friend. Tenzin strolled down the street leisurely. Yeah, he was running a little early but there was a chance he'd get lost on his way. Thankfully it'd appear that would not be the case. He glanced at his phone and yup, the destination was just down the street and on the left. Tenzin looked up to spot the unique shop or so he heard. Then he spotted Dia.

"Hey-!" Tenzin called out to her, waving a hand friendly like.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Hearing someone yell Dia turned and looked. Oh good! He was able to make it. Now she wouldn't have to stand awkwardly across the street while that weird guy stood there with tea for her. How on earth did he get back so fast and get a shower, she wasn't that slow of a walker. She'd have to find out later.

Smiling she jogged the short distance over to Tenzin "Hey, you were able to make it. Honestly wasn't sure you'd see the note...nor did I know which shift you were working...glad to see it worked out though" Now that she had company she tried to push the weird feeling she was having about the voodoo shop into the back of her mind. True she'd never seen a place with that many protection glyphs, especially against spirits. But there was no Wyrm taint so maybe it wouldn't be all that bad

"You ready?" she continued to smile at him, she couldn't even remember the last time she was out with a friend. This move might turn out to be good for her this time. She hoped things would be different in this town. Playful Dia nudged Tenzin then started heading towards the shop, and that strange man..
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcell Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:13 pm

The strange man would smile and chuckle, motioning for the both of them to come in.

"Come now petite, more than enough tea, coffee, even somethin a touch stronger should he ton ami. Any friend of yours is welcome in my shop. Please join me in the wonder and mystery of, The Blessings of The Big Easy!!!"
Marcell
Marcell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:53 am

Tenzin was not used to Dia being playful let alone pushing him towards something. He resisted a little with a smile and a laugh before following her in. What was her hurry? Walking towards the unusual, was that supposed to be the owner? Was he offering them tea? Why was the owner of a voodoo shop offering him tea? That screamed creepy. There was no way he trying the tea. Maybe Dia had planned this? Tenzin had no idea.

"Okay, okay. I'm going. I'm going. No need to drag me into the store." Tenzin teased lightly but his smile never faded. Though his eyes kept glancing at the man in the store. Why was there a Cajun sounding guy in Dayton, Ohio? He was literally on the wrong side of the country.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:15 am

Diana continued to smile as they walked towards the building. She felt braver with Tenzin by her side he at least knew how to fight. Not that she was expecting one but still.  Checking one more time that none of the Glyphs she saw were to keep Garou out or possibly in. It just appeared he didn't want spirits in his shop. Which if he could talk to them she supposed that made sense.

Diana shook her head at the man "N-no thank you sir. I'm not really thirsty at this point in time. M-maybe later" the man himself looked odd to but she couldn't figure out why and to ask would have been rude. Especially outside on the street.

"Y-you're the owner?" His words finally registered to her. Well that would explain a little why he seemed so odd. Apparently he wasn't just one of those people who decided to open an occult shop who had no idea about what it is they were selling. She'd found a few of those in the past and was greatly disappointed.

Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcell Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:47 pm

As each of the new arrivals walk in, they would hear a wind chime that has a deep heart tone ring out.... which may seem odd as there is no wind, and the chimes are not in direct path of any possible wind.
Once inside, both of the new arrivals would feel the warm soothing sense of calm and safe welcoming. The strange man would offer a friendly and polite bow to Diana as he speaks,

"Indeed I am petite. Marcell Corrigan at your service."

He would glance about and whisper something in french,

"Now... as we shall not be overheard, it is a pleasure to see so many defenders of Gaia here. Must say that I had not expected to run into so many of ya'll. Please, feel free to speak as you wish, we will not be overheard. Oh, and if Tea is not your preference, I'm sure I could scrounge up whatever you like, myself I prefer bourbon."

He would offer the two a playful wink
Marcell
Marcell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Wait, what the hell did he just say? Did he call them 'Defenders of Gaia'? How the hell did he know that?! The hair on the back of Tenzin's neck went up. The Philodox looked around slowly, calmly but intently. There was no one else in the shop and he had not seen many if any people as he came in the shop. What was this one and was he alone? How dangerous was he? What was he? There were too many questions and absolutely no answers forth coming other than this apparently human looking creature did not register as anything he recognized. This was discomforting to say the least. The Philodox's eyes locked onto this 'Marcell Corrigan'. The friendly demeanor of the owner was met with a cold gaze though the Philodox would respond politely.

"No thank you, I am far too young to drink alcohol and I would hate to see a small business owner get in trouble for offering the local youth things he shouldn't. After all this is such a very peculiar store and definitely looks one of a kind. I am Tenzin and this lovely lady is Diana. It is our pleasure to make your acquaintance."

So the gentleman in question looked to be human. The fact he could not identify what he was dealing with was more frustrating than anything else. It didn't smell like a leech slave and it was far too early to be a leech. He wasn't a Garou like them and he had no pure breed to speak of. Fae? Didn't look 'Dreamy' enough so what did that leave him for options.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:42 pm

When Diana heard the chimes she would look for the source. How odd there didn't appear to be any air flow in the room that was heavy enough to cause them to chime. She was about to inquire about it when the shop owner said 'defenders of Gaia'. That phrase alone caused her to stop and look at him. How in the name of Gaia did this guy know that? Neither her nor Tenzin said anything that could have even remotely been considered announcing that.

A blush crept across her face when Tenzin introduced her. Lovely lady?! What an odd thing for him to call her. Wait did he just threaten the shop owner?! Her eyes would widen slightly as she looks at Tenzin then the shop owner. She missed something but she wasn't sure what. Maybe she was just being in nerved by whatever seemed to be trying to calm her senses. Which only helped to cause her to worry more.

And who had Marcell been talking to when he spoke in that other language? Diana couldn't see anyone else in the shop but maybe she missed them? "I-I'm sorry but who were you talking to just then, when you spoke...French? Another ghost?" She'd seen the markings to keep spirits out when she looked at the shop from the outside so there shouldn't be any inside it. Right? What did he mean speak freely because they wouldn't be over heard? Diana started to fidget with the sleeve of her sweater. She was considering peaking again just to see if there were spirits in the shop but she figured she would wait a bit longer before doing that. Maybe the man would answer the question and it would make perfect sense.

Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcell Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Marcel would sigh and smile to Tenzin,
"Tres Bon monsiuer Tenzin, My apologizes if my rather... direct nature has put you both on the defensive. And to answer you question petite, t'was not a hungry dead that I speak to this time. A spirit yes, but not one of the low Umbra... or rather, Dark Umbra as you know it."

Marcell would walk over to a small table with three chairs around it, offering them a chance to sit and relax.

"Truth be told, I'm glad that y'all stumbled upon mah humble shop, always good to clear the air as it were before the rumor mill and misconceptions begin. I'm sure you have many questions, but allow me to put the first and most important to rest, I have no desire nor interest in trying to find or in any other way interact with your sacred lands. Quite the contrary, I'd be honored to work along side y'all to keep it save and hidden."
Marcell
Marcell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Cold green eyes didn't even flicker as he watched the 'human' speak. This guy spoke to the dead? Why did this one even know about the Deep Umbra? Why was this human a walking enigma? Now he was just being more and more frustrated. Finally the Philodox just asked.

"What are you and why do you know things you shouldn't?"

Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Her eyes would widen more "N-not one of the...then what kind of..." Diana would step back from the group a little and strategically place Tenzin between her and the shop owner. This was probably going to be a really dumb idea but she wasn't sure Marcell would answer and looking would be faster anyways. Once she'd gotten her 'protector' in front of her Dia would peek across the umbra. She would actually drop her phone that was still in her hands. Once she quit peeking she would look at the shop owner in shock.

Her voice would barely be above a whisper as she stuttered "H-how...w-what are....huh?!?" Once again her brain couldn't process words. She'd bend down and pick up her phone but keep herself behind Tenzin as she slowly walked back to the 'group' when she stopped walking she was pretty much hiding and peeking around Tenzin to look at Marcell.  How did this guy get THEM to be here?! They shouldn't be in this plane. Like not even a little should they be. And she thought those glyphs were to keep spirits out so once again how were they there?! Were they actually to keep those spirits trapped in the shop?!
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcell Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Marcell would smile politely, slowly and gently placing his hands on the table in a gesture of NON aggression.
"Well monsieur Tenzen, there be many names and title for what you might consider me. Let's just say for the sake of conversation that I be.... Enlightened. Truth be told I know little more than the fact that y'all exist and many times work with tha spirits...."
Marcell would tilt his head a bit, curious about Diana and her studdering. Then, a look of surprised realization would dawn on him.
"Oh you referring to Da Loa petite. Well, good sign that they have affection for their shrines then ain't it. Those four, they have a standing invitation to visit when they have the desire to. Would y'all care for an introduction?"
Marcell
Marcell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Tenzin looked over his shoulder at Dia who was using him as well a Garou shield. Couldn't blame her entirely, he was the 'tank' in this case. However she was also the spirit expert or at least she should be. Please let her be. Spirits were supposed to be her auspicial duty. Hopefully she wasn't so nervous that she was paralyzed or something.

"Diana, what do you say about this?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Diana leans up a little and is still mostly whispering but now she's talking lower and in the Phiolodox's ear "I....I am unsure...they're not supposed to be here Tenzin...and I don't know why they would be here...it's the wrong plane for ones like them..."

Diana would lower herself back down to proper standing height and look at Marcell. She would actually step out from behind Tenzin slightly as she spoke next, her voice back to its normal pitch and tone  "T-they're here of their own free will? Those wards outside your shop aren't to keep them in?" Even if there were others in the shop Diana wasn't worried about her choice of wording. They were in a voodoo shop after all so talking about wards couldn't be considered a veil breach. But oh sweet Gaia she would love to be able to 'meet' those spirits. Not that she was sure how to appropriately talk to them, those spirits were above her pay grade so to speak. However if those spirits were being held against their will, Tenzin and Diana just stumbled into something they probably couldn't handle 
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcell Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:19 pm

"Any and every spirit within this place is and shall ales be here of it's own free will petite. Those glyphs you saw, they here to protect those who venture here. They protect against the corrupt and those spirits much worse than. You see... when it comes to spirits and those that would corrupt not only this world but the world's beyond.......... there be a whole other darkness that far predate what y'all face down. If you wish and if you can, I welcome you to ask them and speak to them yourself to find the truth in my words. Your view of The Umbra..... it a good beginning, a good start, but what you don't see is dat the realms... or planes as you say, they not so far apart as you think. It not that the layers be a physical thing. Tell me, why you think that a concept, any possible concept should not be here? They inspire and guide no? So how they gonna fulfill dat purpose unless they come and visit? This be a place of Magick. Real and true Magick and wonder..... is it so hard to believe dat they wanna visit?"
Marcell
Marcell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:47 pm

Tenzin stared at the man a long time processing the words they had spoken.  Dia said they should not be here but the man claimed that they wanted to visit.  Why the hell would they want to visit a lowly human.  These creatures that destroyed Gaia and desecrated her body further with each passing day.  This one may have discovered 'magic' but that didn't make him any better.  It had taken time but finally a word came to the surface of his memories Namebreaker.  His rage grew to see one stand before him and claim it was doing nothing wrong.  He forced the fire in his blood to calm.

"I suppose it depends on who is answering the question.  A Defender of Gaia or one who tries to warp reality and doesn't listen when reality slaps them for trying..."  The Philodox's voice was cold, not threatening in any way but was definitely not friendly.

Last edited by Tenzin on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Diana would frown at the back of the Phiolodox's head. What was he talking about getting slapped by reality? She missed something again of that she was sure. "I would greatly enjoy the ability to talk to them. However I feel now is not the proper time to do so." She had just wanted to have a nice day out and to explore the new store that would hopfully have things she required for her rituals and other things she might need. However now it was appearing coming was a bad idea, or at least inviting Tenzin hadn't turned out to be such a good idea.

"Perhaps next time if they are still vising...your...shrines I can speak with them." She would just have to come again on her own. Serves her right for trying to do things with others. Things never seemed to go right when she tried to get other people involved. Which was upsetting seeing as how she enjoyed other people company and it was nice being around those who could actually understand her a little bit.

Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcell Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:31 pm

Marcell's smile would fade a touch. His gaze would fix upon Tenzin, as all emotion would bleed out of him as he seem to get a touch... darker.
"Well sir.... Should any of those such... deviants that believe they can warp reality and not face the consequences.. well they most certainly are not welcome here."

Marcell would begin shuffling cards, eyes still focused upon Tenzin.

"You see sir, those such deviants... well much like a wolf that would roll about in corruption and filth, those deviants happen to have natural enemies as well you see. Some of us happen to stand for an older... more primordial type of balance, however seeing as I seem to be the last of such individuals, and you seem to believe myself to be some kind of corruption...... why not kill me here and now?"
Marcell
Marcell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:11 pm

"Just like you, I have rules I play by.  You don't smell like it yet but believe me when I say I'll be watching you very carefully.  Trust is earned, not given.  Especially when it involves those that can so wantonly play games that they should not.  However if your words are true and I hope they are.  I suppose I'll owe you an apology on that day."  Tenzin glared but then took a breath.  The litany said to respect those beneath him; all were of Gaia.  Didn't make it any less annoying.  His eyes wondered the shop.  Mostly looking for things of magic and things that were not before realizing almost none of this was any good to him.  He gave a glance to Dia, curious to see her thoughts on the matter.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:36 pm

((Sorry guys, works gotten me frazzled and not in the mindset to actually rp but i'll try!!))

"Oh for pete sake" Diana softly muttered to her self mostly. She still had no idea what Marcell was supposed to be that had gotten Tenzin so riled up. But whatever he was wasn't of the Wyrm. This was the 'nicest' place besides their Caren that she'd sensed since she moved to the city. Which in and of itself was interesting  "S-so can we all agree to not try and kill each other right now? Is that an ok plan with everyone?" Because really there was a legit shop that could possibly sell proper requisites for ritual and she didn't want to see it go the way of the dodo just yet. At the very least not until she stocked back up on things. As she waited for them to either agree or start swinging at each other Dia glanced at some of the near by shelves to see what was on them.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcell Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:28 pm

"Especially when it involves those that can so wantonly play games that they should not......... Sir what makes you think I am playing games???"

Marcell would shake his head sighing. He would seem to be a mix of confused and frustrated.

"Mon deux... y'all can't even hear it coming outta your voice can you..."

Marcell would offer a chuckle that lacks any sound of humor.

"Well by all means good sir, I shall await your enlightened evaluation.... clearly y'all be the end all be all judge of what should be right and good in this world. Tell me, would you prefer my reports hand written or typed?"
"Listen... y'all don't know me, y'all don't know what I do, nor why I do it... ta be honest... I was gonna be happy ta help and share information with y'all, however if this be how y'all accept the olive branch, well then I say to you good day. Should you have the desire to stop back by, do be courteous enough to call first."

Marcell would then stand up and hold the door open for the garou
Marcell
Marcell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum