OWBN: Dayton Dying Embers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping The Edge

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Keeping The Edge - Page 5 Empty Re: Keeping The Edge

Post by Dia Halliwell Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:56 pm

You can do this, you got this. Dia nodded to acknowledge what he'd said in the attempts to fix her stance. First thing she corrected was her footing, and he was right. She was wobbling less already. Not having her feet planted firmly was extremely odd and he did say she didn't have to be on the balls of her feet yet. But if this was how you were supposed to stand she'd do her best.

Next she raised her hands higher. Since he didn't say anything about her first she didn't change how her hands were being held. Well to be fair it sounded like he'd started to say something then changed his mind to correct something more important that she didn't have right. But since she had no idea what was wrong with her hands she couldn't correct them on her own so she just did what she could "Better?" Dia looked to Tenzin to see if shew as doing it correctly now.  
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Tenzin watched her movements meticulously, noting every correction. Seeing what was right and what was just barely this side of wrong. That would be fixed in time and the body learning what was not helping it. He smiled as he observed the newer position. Yup, that balance was much better. He gave her a nod.

"Okay don't move while I fix your hands." He stepped in front of her. Tenzin took her hands in his hands and began to each one into a fist. "See you curl your fingers and then put your thumb under the bottom. That way your fist is most capable of striking someone without hurting yourself. If you wrap your fingers OVER your thumb, you might break your thumb... actually you will." Tenzin shows what is the wrong way with his own hand. "So hold your fists like how I have them now." Tenzin gives a smile.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Not expecting him to touch her, at first her hands tensed up but relaxed once she realized what he was doing. Oops she had had her firsts wrong. "Ok...thumb under not over....otherwise broken finger. Think I got it..." That bit of information she would really try and remember. Getting a broken finger due to her thumb being in the wrong place seemed very bad. Especially if she was already in a situation where she was having to fight.

Diana smiled at him when she realized he hadn't corrected her footing again. She must have gotten it right this time. Next time maybe not. She knew she would have to practice what he was teaching her multiple times, only a fool ever thought they were correct after the first time.  
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:04 am

"No, what I said was~" Tenzin went on. The training lasted for the hour. It was mostly simple things. Proper stance, the names of the blocks and punches and how to perform them properly. To practice stance, he made her hold it for a bit then told her to stand normally for a bit then go back to the stance. Correcting her each time till she could jump into the stance somewhat reliably. How the strength of a punch came from the hips, not the shoulders. That it wasn't just brute strength that determined power. How speed also paid a good part of it, especially for kicks though he had not showed her much about that yet. They focused on the top till she could do the motions properly slowly. Then he let her throw a few punches at the bag. Once she appeared to need a drink, he gave a smile. Tenzin chuckled and placed his hands on his hips.

"Alright, I think it's time for a water break."
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:25 pm

Dia sighed in relief when Tenzin said they were going to take a break.She wasn't used to this type of stuff and she'd thought she was in decent shape until they started practicing. Also she realized she made a mistake that morning by not eating more than she did, she was still getting used to the new metabolism of a Garou. Normally she was fine but she didn't calculate that she would doing training and where she wasn't yet at the point where it would be a problem she was extremely glad she remembered to put more energy bars into her book bag last night.

"T-thank you for teaching me!" Dia smiled at him then turned to head back to her stuff. She didn't have a water with her but there was water in the sink she could drink from in the bathroom. Realizing water was more important she changed directions. Some how she turned just right or just fast enough or something because next thing she knew her vision swam a little and she could feel herself starting to fall. Oh no, not one now.. Reaching out to try and steady herself she grabbed onto the nearest object she could reach. Unfortunately the nearest thing near her happened to be Tenzin. This is where her 'clutz foo' seemed to kick in because some how she managed to bring both of them into a ungraceful heap on the floor.

Stunned at first and not realizing what happened Dia laid there with her eyes closed and rubbed her temples while she did a mental calculation to see if she'd hurt her self in her fall this time. Nothing seemed to be  hurt but there was an odd pressure on top of her. Confused she slowly opened her eyes and was greeted by stars     Stars? Maybe it was a vision.... Once her eyes focused she realized she wasn't looking up at the night sky. But into Tenzin's eyes. And oddly enough there were stars in them. Was this normal?. Wait why was she looking into his eyes? Slowly the synapses in her brain started firing and processed what had just happened. Completely embarrased and confused Dia just froze and laid there unable to say anything or even move. That all to familair heat started creeping across her face, she was pretty sure she was red all the way to her ears this time.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:24 am

It had happened entirely in slow motion for him. She turned to her bag then suddenly spun to do who knows what. However she tripped and had she been any sort of martial artist he would have thought that she was using drunken monkey or something. Her hand grabbed him for support as she went down. Tenzin tried to catch her but her foot stepped on his and there went his center. Toppling forward onto her, it was all he could to make sure his arm got behind her head. He broke the fall for them both as best he could. His arm absorbing both the blow for his body and her head. It hurt slightly as his elbow and shoulder had to stop his entire body from collapsing on her.

It worked mostly. Tenzin gulped as he felt well, everything. Their bodies were now kind of entangled. He stared into her eyes in shock before slowly trying to move. However by this point it was obvious Dia had realized what had happened. Why was she staring at his eyes like that? As her face turned red, his slowly began to mimic it. Heat slowly raising up his neck and filling his cheeks. With a bit of moving around, he slowly got up and off of her. Coughing awkwardly. He held out his hand.

"Um... you okay?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:33 am

"I...uh....I..." slowly she reached out and accepted his help in getting up off the floor. As soon as she was standing she took her hand back, her right hand then took a death grip on her left arm as she backed away from him a little in the hopes she wouldn't some how embarrass her self like that again

"I-I'm f-fine ..." come on brain form an actual full sentence here! "S-sorry I didn't...I w-wasn't trying..."oh sweet Gaia she couldn't get a proper sentence out right now to save her life. She still wasn't sure how she managed to knock them both over but she was 100% sure this whole situation was entirely her fault.

Ok brain and body, now would be an excellent time to grab our things and leave...right now....any moment now... She was thinking it but she was unable to make her self move and just continues to stand there. She was still staring at his face and though she was a little distance away she was still pretty sure he had stars in his eyes. Diana couldn't remember seeing them before so she wasn't sure if it was something her fog brained mind made up or if he really did.  
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:37 pm

It took a second but he recovered as he normally does. Recollecting his cognitive ability, Tenzin gave a light smile then gently put his hands on her shoulders. He looked into her eyes as he tried to begin bringing Dia back into this realm again.

"Hey... you alright? You're staring through me Dia. It's time for our water break. Come on. Let's go get some water and then we're going to take fifteen minutes to cool off and relax. Maybe we'll go for a swim. I'm sure somewhere in this Sept or something there is swimming suits. Personally I don't care if I have to go do a run to the local Sears or something however don't expect me to pick out your outfit. We're not that close yet." Tenzin chuckles and gives her a nudge. "Come on. You're okay. Drink time."
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:03 pm

reflexively she Recoiled when he placed his hands on her she didn't even register that he was speaking at first. Then slowly Diana heard his words and he was right. She had started going down a dark hole she hadn't thought about in a while. The shock had started to wear off and her mind started taking a trip down memory lane. Focusing on his voice she slowly came back. She realized she was still staring into his eyes and she was still seeing those stars. Later she'd have to find out if that was just her seeing things or if he really did have the stars in his eyes.

Once she was more stable she put on a smile "r-right sorry about that" she though about his statement "swimming would be nice later. But you're right. I should drink some water..." she stepped away from him and headed to her sweater. Grabbing it she once again remembered she didn't have a water bottle "oh right...I'll have to bring one next time.."

Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:27 pm

She'd feel a tap on her shoulder. Tenzin was standing there holding out his. It was still half full. The Stargazer gave her a smile and gestured to take it.

"We're Garou, I don't think we need to worry about the common cold suddenly bringing us down or something so take it. I will go get another one later. Just make sure in the future if you're going to join me that you bring water and such. Gotta keep yourself hydrated. It's important. Don't need you dropping from the work out." Tenzin gave her another smile before finally putting the bottle in her hand and walking off.

He disappeared into the men's room where he drank straight from the faucet and hydrated himself. Taking an opportunity, he threw some cold water on his face. What the hell was that? That was weird. He shook his head till he was back where was meant to be. Much better. He was garou. The human teenager part of him needed to learn to shut the hell up and get in line. Tenzin smirked. He was still a kid to some degree. Well he was only eighteen anyway. Only really he was an adult was because he filled out his draft card and passed his high school equivalency test. That and had become a Cliathe. Garou life, sounds fun until you are one then it's hell.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:29 pm

She was about to politely refuse the water when Tenzin just put it in her hand and walked away "B-but..." too late he was already gone. He didn't have to give her his water, she would have been fine getting some from the sink. Sighing softly she put her sweater back on then took a few small sips. She knew better than to gulp a lot of it, even if she did need the water. It wouldn't have done her, or the training room floor, any good if she'd gulped it down just to throw it back up again.

Feeling better back in her extra layer Diana wandered down to where the pool was, sipping while she walked. She knew Tenzin would be back before too long but listening to the water would help calm her back down. Her heart was still racing her stomach had started to get butterflies in it and she wasn't fully sure why. She had been looking into Tenzin's eyes when it started so maybe it was because of those weird stars she was thinking she kept seeing when she looked into them.

Entering the pool room Dia removed her foot wear and rolled the leggings up a some. Then  she sat on the edge of the pool with her feet in the water. She couldn't smell the over abundance of chlorine like she normally could when she went to pools. Maybe they just used smaller amounts here? Well it was a pocket dimension pool so maybe it didn't need chlorine.

Removing her glasses Diana closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. She'd have her head back on straight by the time Tenzin came back she was sure of it. While she waited she did a few breathing exercises like she would normally do when she started meditating. Making sure to keep her ears open for the sounds of Tenzin returning so he wouldn't worry and think she just up and left with out saying something.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Tenzin finally walked out of the locker room and puts back on his traditional smile. He walks out to the training room. Where was she? He glanced around and there it was. The backpack and her sketch book. Huh, maybe she went to the locker room or something. Well if he had a moment. Maybe he could finally look at the drawing of himself? That could be a thing. The Stargazer walked over to the book and took picked it up. He stared at it for a moment, there was nothing different about the cover than any other book. Well what was stopping him? Maybe he should wait. It'd be rude to look at it without permission right? He growled in frustration and set the book back where it was. He'd have to wait.

The flustered boy walks back down the hall. That pool was calling his name and he had no intention of not picking up the phone. Stepping through the door to spot little miss Dia. Chuckling he gives a wave then walks up and just plops down next to her. He dipped his feet and calves into the pool. He groaned happily from the cool water. This Stargazer was definitely going swimming as soon as he got the shorts to do so.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Diana heard Tenzin leave the locker room and she knew she should get up and let him know where she was. However sitting felt so nice, and the water was amazingly refreshing she just couldn’t be bothered to move. Or even call out, she’d listen and if the Philodox couldn’t figure out where she was after a while she’d get up and let him know.

The Theurge chuckled softly when she heard him walking towards the pool. Guess he figured it out without her having to get up. She didn’t bother to open her eyes yet and just started kicking her feet slowly in the water when he ‘ploped’ down next to her. Her head titled slightly and she smiled “Water feels pretty good doesn’t it?” It was a silly question she knew he enjoyed the water the moment he made that sound when his feet made contact with it. But she was trying to have a conversation and pretend like everything was alright so she spoke the silly question.

Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:46 pm

"It feels like heaven. We need swimming attire. Want to go get some? It's like 5 or 6. Let's go to the mall. We can get some food while we're out. I'm sure there is something in the food court there worth eating. Assuming they have one. I've never been to the mall here. Curse our newbie status." Tenzin laughs aloud, showing his age.

Resting back on his hands he looked over at her. Dia was wearing that sweater again. He raised an eyebrow.

"It's not that cold in here is it?" In fact it didn't even feel cold. It was warm. It was that pleasant 70s-80s temperature where you want to jump in the pool but not feel obligated to have to stay in it. Only thing that the room was missing was a constant breeze or something. Not that the air was being well circulated. Just didn't have that gentle wind that feels amazing in the spring and fall.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Chuckling again Diana opens her eyes and looks at Tenzin. "No it's not cold in here at all. We were no longer being practicing so I put it back on." she has a smile on her face. "As for the mall, I'm not even sure where it is. I've not yet explored the city to find where things are." How would they get there. Could Tenzin drive? Well he was old enough to have a license, maybe he had a car? Technically she could be trying for hers but with everything that had happened recently, and her bad eyesight driving just seemed more problematic than anything else.

Dia put her glasses back on. Did she have enough money for a swim suit? She wasn't sure how much that would be or if they could even find some since it was out of season. "Hmm...5 or 6? I've still got some time before I have to be home then...oh wait it's not a school night, I can stay out later."
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:13 pm

"Excellent! Let's dry off and go get something to eat and swim in! This will be fun!" Tenzin pulled his legs out of water and quickly stood up. A little too quickly. The water made his feet slide and he fell back. He growled then got up and began to walk away. Rubbing his back side as he did. That would ache for a bit. He cracked his spine a little then walked faster and shifted up just to feel all the bruising disappear before going back.

"Meet you in the main locker room in about ten to fifteen... Actually just follow me. You can leave your backpack in my room so no one messes with it while we're out and about. One less bag to worry about in the car!"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Dry off? Only her feet were wet so there wasn’t really a point in drying off. They could air dry as she walked. She was about to speak when Tenzin suddenly fell and landed with a thud. She covered her mouth in surprise and gasped. “A-are you alright?” He didn’t appear to even hear her as he kept talking. Did he just say to follow him to his room?

Carefully she got up grabbed her foot wear. She knew she was problematic when it came to moving so while she was near the pool she made extra sure not to trip and fall in. She might have been considering going in with just her tank top and leggings earlier but she didn’t want to have her sweater soaking wet. It would have frozen to her the moment she stepped outside to go home.

Leaving her bag wasn’t too big of an issue, she was still going to take her sketch book with her though. She never knew when she’d need to draw something or if a vision would hit so always having a book on her just made life simpler.  “U-um…ok.”

Before she got into the training room she ducked into the locker room to quickly put her pants back on then went back into the main area to grab her book and her book bag. Crap, she’d left her book lying out. Did Tenzin look through it? He didn’t say anything or ask about some of the things in it so maybe not.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 pm

The elevator was called and like a true gentleman, held for her.  Tenzin waited for her to get in calmly.  Once she got in.  They went to one of the living floors and he walked her down the hall til they found a room that was distinctively unidentified.  He had not put his name on it or anything.  He just opened real quick and stepped inside.  The room was ironically modern and was more like a full apartment.  It didn't make sense why Tenzin left his room and went to to the cafeteria unless he just wanted the company.  There was a small kitchen, furnished living room with tv and a desk with a computer and etc, and doors that if one had to guess;  bedroom and bathroom.  The Stargazer started walking into his room.

"Make yourself comfy, I'll be out in about five minutes..."  Tenzin spoke as he disappeared behind a door.  Tenzin grabbed fadded blue jeans and a navy blue wife beater.  He stretched then grabbed a white over shirt.  Eventually he comes out of his bedroom.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Once in the elevator Diana just stood there quietly and held her book to her chest. She’d hoped Tenzin hadn’t looked through it but without asking and accusing him she wouldn’t know. Nor would she know if he was telling the truth so for now she decided to push that thought into the back of her mind. She’d worry and fret about it later.
Diana had never been on the living quarters floor. She’d had no reason to seeing as how she didn’t live here and she wasn’t friends enough with anyone to have been brought up here before. To be fair she didn’t think she was friends enough now but Tenzin probably didn’t want to come up to get dressed just to go back down and get here. Once they got inside his place she just stood there in awe. The place was huge! At least she thought so. He lived in here by himself? Maybe he shared it with his cousins or something. She wasn’t sure how the living arrangements on the Sept worked but this seemed like a lot of space for one person.

Make herself comfortable? How was she supposed to do that? After he left the room to go change Diana just sorta stood there and looked around. He seemed pretty clean for a boy. She’d heard people complain how boys were messy slobs and after seeing the Alpha’s room she was actually pretty shocked to see a clean domicile. Walking farther into the room she decided to look to see if he had any art hanging on his walls
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 pm

The walls were depressingly barren. With the exception of the tv and jacket hooks, there was nothing on the walls anywhere. Obviously he had not gotten around to it yet or something along those lines. They were beige in color and the furniture and such were black. It was sort of modern in appearance. The rooms did seem to have a bit of a flow to them. Like going from point A to point B anywhere felt natural.

Eventually Tenzin came out in his new outfit. He picked up a hoodie from a hook on the wall and threw it on. Quick check for his keys and wallet to make sure they were in his pocket and he was ready to go. He gave her a smile.

"Alright I'm ready, how about you?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:34 pm

How depressing, he needs something on his walls. Diana found it hard to believe that someone had nothing on their walls. No art work. No motivational sayings. Nothing. She’d hoped it was just the fact that he’d moved into town recently and maybe he hadn’t gotten around to it but still. You’d think he would have had something to look at. Maybe she’d draw him something later, I mean really how could you not have art somewhere?

When she head Tenzin spoke Dia turned and smiled at him “U-uh I guess? Not really sure where you wanted me to put my bag.” She glanced around the room as she spoke “ U-uh also….I don’t really need to buy a swimsuit..I’ve got one at home…somewhere…but I wouldn’t mind going to the mall seeing as how I’ve not been there yet.” She was still ‘clutching’ her sketch book to her chest
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:59 pm

"So do you want to swing by your place? We can. I don't particularly care to make a stop on the way." Tenzin asks as he holds his car keys in his hand. He put his finger through the key ring and spun them around his finger playfully as he opened the door for her. "You take that book everywhere don't you? Hmmm okay."

It obviously had a lot of value to her. However the question was why. It was something that bug him as time grew on but maybe she'd let him know as they got to know each other. Well maybe all artists always kept their sketch books on hand. Nah, he doubt it. Again another puzzle about this sept he'd have to figure out. Damn, he needed a ragabash to work with him. Someone he could have investigate things and then relay the information to him. Oh well, he'd keep an eye out.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Diana would shrug "We can, no one should be home right now so I can run in and grab it." Which was good, she didn't want to try and explain to her father why she was bringing a boy home. Even if it was just to grab a change of clothes. Which would have been hard to try and explain as well now that she thought about it

She looks down at her book and shrugs again "It's the one I'm currently using so yea I guess I do take it everywhere..." He didn't say where to put her bag so she figured she'd just take it with her and drop it off at home, she could hide it under her bed so no one would realize she'd been back home and left.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:29 pm

"Oh no one is home huh?" Tenzin gave a wink and waited for the blush to start then chuckled. "I kid, I kid!" He gestured for the woman to lead the way out of the room. Tenzin followed after and they walked up to the locker room before leaving. He opened up his locker and drew a dagger and what looked at the small model of the car. He said aloud he'd like for his car to be waiting for him when he went out.

Once they were out at the phone booth, there was the Warder. The golden retriever looking around as they walked away and there was his car. A Honda Civic that was white with black interior. He smiled and climbed in and gestured for her to join him. Once she was in, off they went to her place.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Flustered Diana started stuttering and trying to form words but nothing coherent would come out. Eventually she just gave up and stared down at the floor, her face was as red as a tomato this time. Once they got to the elevator she got in but still didn't speak and was actually clutching her book closer to herself. It was a joke he was joking calm down That phrase repeated itself in her head the whole ride to the locker room. Eventually she got her heart rate to slow back down and she managed to keep her breathing from sounding like she was having a panic attack. But even that took a lot of concentration on her part.

Diana didn't have anything in her locker so she just waited while Tenzin gathered his belonging. The tiny car confused her but who was she to judge someone's belonging. She was intrigued by the dagger but she still couldn't get her brain and mouth to form words so she didn't inquire about it. Why was he asking for his car to be out front? Wouldn't it be where he left it?

Dia smiled at the warder in greeting when she saw him. When she got into the car she gave Tenzin directions on how to get to her place. She sat with her book bag in her lap which she set on top of her sketch book. There wasn't a point in putting it in the bag seeing as how she wasn't planning on having the bag once she left her apartment.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum