OWBN: Dayton Dying Embers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The youngest gazer

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The youngest gazer Empty The youngest gazer

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Desmond walks out of his room, he stretches and yawns then lazily walks to the elevator. He presses the button steps in and the presses the button for the kitchen. Walking into the kitchen he grabs the milk from the fridge, the lucky charms and a bowl and begins to make breakfest
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

The youngest gazer Empty Re: The youngest gazer

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Hours later Diana would come to the sept. School had let out and he father let her leave to 'go study in the library' she felt bad for lying to him but she had no idea how to even start to tell him what had happened to her and where she was really going after school.

The familiar ding of the elevator would ring out and Diana would step out of the elevator. She's wearing a light blue sweater this time but still has her back pack slung over her shoulders. Adjusting her glasses she looks around to see if she recognizes anyone. Not seeing anyone she knows she walks over to the cafeteria and gets a small bowl of pineapples to nibble on then finds a seat. She doesn't know the other person in the room and they seem extremely engrossed in their bowl of cereal so she goes to find another spot to sit. She'll introduce herself later once the kids no so busy eating.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Desmond would see her walk in, and glacé at her because he didn't reconize her. He grabs his bowl and goes into the kitchen area to wash it, a few moments later he comes out and sits Infront of the new girl. "Hi I'm Desmond , Claith to the nation born on two legs, theurage, stargazer, what your name?" He shifts in he seat and stares egarly at the new girl
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Diana is about to introduce herself until she hears the word Cliath. Startled she drop the piece of pineapple she was about to eat and looks at him. She adjust her glasses to make sure she was looking at him right. This kid was a Cliath?! He didn't look much older than 10.

"U-uh Hello. Names Diana. I'm also a Cliath, Theurge, Homid. I'm also an Uktena. It's a pleasure to meet you Desmond"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Desmond could see the startled look on her face. "Is there something on my face?" he begins to vigorously wipe off his face. "Did I get it?" He looks at her for a moment. "Where have you been all day? Also how old are you?"
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 pm

N-no there’s nothing on your face. You just startled me when you said you were Cliath….you look so young I thought…” she stopped mid-sentence “What do you mean ‘where have I been all day?’ I’ve been where I was supposed to be” He was a kid himself, surely he was at school as well so why ask such a silly question? If he said he was a metis or lupus she would have answered since they were raise differently and didn’t attend human school, well as far as she knew they didn’t.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:21 pm

"I've been here all day just your older then I am so I assumed you where too" he had a puzzled look on his face as if confused and worried. "Do you not live here? I'm only thirteen but I live here"
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Tenzin walks in with a yawn and goes to the coffee machine. He pours himself a cup and and takes a sip. He jerks for a moment as he almost burns his tongue. The Stargazer grabs himself some sugar and vanilla extract. The cup is down his hatch in an instant and he's then pouring another. He turns to leave.
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:37 pm

"So I don't see you all day and then you just walk in and get coffe? I see how it is" Desmond turns back to Diana and waits for her response
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:37 pm

"No I don’t live here. I live at home with my family. You’ve been here all day? Are you not in school?” Diana looked at him extremely confused. The kid was 13 he should have been in school not just hanging around here all day. Maybe he had a job he was doing here? Could he be another Guardian or something? She hadn’t had time to really get to know everyone here or what jobs they might have held
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 pm

"Oh you where at school, yeah I've lived in the nation most of my life so I never went there, I was taught what I needed to know in this place" he motions to the whole of the caern. "I've just been here for my life haven't been able to leave until recently when I completed my rite of acoplishment."
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Tenzin turns lazily to look at the two of them. He sat down and looked around.

"It's called I work Desmond. Unlike you I have jobs both in and out of the Sept. I just got off Guardian duty for the day. So what are you two talking about?"
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:53 pm

"One I'm sorry I'm to young to do shit out side the sept, two I'm meeting Diana for the first time right now and three why didn't you make me coffe" he looks at tenzin with big puppy dog eyes
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Diana can't keep the look of shock off her face "Y-you've lived in this place your whole life?! Like...you've never been into the real world at all?" This child. Like some people said she was sheltered but if this poor kid had never actually left the sept then he was worse off than she was. Looking at Tenzin she smiles slightly "Evening, anything interesting happen on shift today?"
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:02 pm

"I've left the sept but it's always been to go to other septs and visit, I just now had my first mission that I did with another cub that gave me the ability to go out on my own" he looks at her puzzled. "Why do you look supeised? It's not like I'm the only one that has lived this way"
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenzin Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:06 pm

"One, don't swear.  You sound like a squeaker.  Two, cool.  Three, because you swear randomly and try to act like you're my age then turn around give me puppy eyes like you're eight... You're too young for cof~" Tenzin stops talking when Desmond cuts him off talking to Dia. He takes a breath then gets up and starts to walk off to drink his coffee in peace. "Have fun you too. I'm going back on duty."
Tenzin
Tenzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:10 pm

Diana is just kind of flabbergasted and looks at Tenzin almost pleadingly not to go but if he has to go back on duty she wasn't going to ask him to stay "S-stay safe Tenzin" she takes a breath and looks back at Desmond "Because it never occurred to me that someone would be forced to stay in a pocket dimension. What would have happened if you'd never shifted? Just live out your life here never going out into the real world?" That thought horrified the young Theurge.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:28 pm

"Well I never thought about that, I geuss that's what would have happen." Desmond smiles blissfully unaware of of the statements actual weight on everyone outside of this situation. "So what brings you here if you don't live here? I figured you had to live here to be here but I geuss your just a special exception?"
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Diana pauses and thinks for a moment "I thought Tenzin worked the earlier shift..." she looks to Tenzin. Was he really going back on patrol? Or wait...was he just running away?! That butt!

Diana sighs "N-no, once again I don't live here. You do realize people are allowed to come and go right? Like you said yourself you visited other septs so you know there is more out there then...this...Seriously no one in this Sept thought it odd that you were forced to be here all the time? Even I was allowed to continue to live once I shifted. I can't even imagine only being on a Sept my whole life. Even one that is as odd and unique as this one..." Clearly this child couldn't be that naïve could he? She wasn't used to dealing with people let alone someone younger than her that had this type of mentality. "As for what I'm doing here, my family moved to the city so I'm allowed to be here"

Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:47 pm

"Well I mean I know I was able to leave but I like it here, I've made it through all my classes without having to go to school so it like I went to highschool anyway" he looks down at the floor. "I'm just glad I'm not a cub anymore so I can go out and do things, I don't even wanna play video games anymore, I've beat all of them" he looks back up at Diana. "Do you wanna do anything? I mean you haven't touched any of that pineapple."
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carson Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:16 am

Duplicity arrived at the floor in homid, dressed in nothing but a tank top, jeans and boots. His hair was still wet from his time meditating in his rain room and an unlit cig hung from his lip. Now that he was relaxed and happy he could definitely use a snack.

As he entered the kitchen area he nodded to the other three there, taking note of the child in there as well. The shadowlord recognized him from brief interactions, but never actually talked to him. Either way, that wasn't his concern at the moment.He opened the fridge and peeked inside, twin tails wagging and showing his good mood. If anyone was listening they would notice him humming along to 'Seven Days to the Wolves' by Nightwish on his mp3. A grin crosses his maw as he pulls out a pizza box and looks inside, his smile fading. "Fucking olives." he says and puts it back, instead just deciding to make himself some coffee and sit next to an open window across the room, enjoying his cigarette. As he did so he sat back quietly, watching the others.
Elizabeth Carson
Elizabeth Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 pm

((well I promised I'd post once I got home, even if Tenzin hadn't posted and I'm a lady of my word...))

Diana sniffed and looked around, smoke? Oh it was the guy from the other day. The one who smelled like a chimney. She hadn't seen him since her first time here. Hopfully he wouldn’t come join her and the kid since he seemed to love to smoke. Hey look! He apparently found his manners seeing as how he was now sitting by a window and smoking instead of in their faces. Maybe whatever he and that girl talked about finally made him realize common sense. Or he ate her and is now just in such a mood and wants to be by a window. Who knew, she hadn’t seen that girl since her first night either so for all she knew the Metis ate her to deal with the fact that she insulted his mother. Eating Garou wasn’t against the Litney, just eating humans. Diana wouldn’t mind talking to Duplicity, especially seeing as how she knew nothing about it, at some point but just not inside. And currently she had this kid in front of her to deal with.

Turning her attention back to the kid in front of her Diana thought for a moment to try and remember what he had even just said to her. “Well…it’s considered rude to eat in front of someone when they’re not eating and since we are talking I can wait to eat it. It’s not going to go bad that fast after all” Oh she was one to talk, her first night here she’d told Tenzin he could go ahead and eat in front of her even though she wasn’t eating. Then again she always was a hypocrite when it came to certain things. And to be fair she’d had dinner plans so it hadn’t made sense to force him to wait to eat simply because she was there. Diana had been planning on eating the pineapple that's why she got it after all. But pineapple took a while to get warm and gross so she was perfectly content to talk with Desmond.
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmondtashi115 Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:55 pm

"Well I could eat more, if it means that you'll eat" he smiles at her with his child like smile. He wants the new girl to be able to eat so she doesn't go hungry, he doesn't really know how much food she has at home. He stands up and runs to the kitchen coming back with an apple. "See now you can eat" he takes a smal bite out of the Apple so he not done before she is
Desmondtashi115
Desmondtashi115

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carson Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Duplicity sits there watching the two until he finishes his smoke, disposing of the filter after. As far as he knew both of them were theurges, which made it a bit more interesting considering they were almost powerless on the sept from what he knew. Regardless the auspice seemed to keep popping up.

"So what's your story.... Diana wasn't it? I ask cause you look like you just came back from solving mysteries." he asked before taking a sip of his coffee. He had almost no knowledge of the pair but he was far more interested in the girl before him than the child. She looked just like a character off a cartoon for gaia's sake. As far as the kid went he was still no more than a pup in the eyes of the shadowlord.
Elizabeth Carson
Elizabeth Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Halliwell Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Diana takes a bite of some pineapple and smiles at Desmond. She still wasn't going to eat all of it since they were talking but the kid wanted her to eat some so she'd humor him for now. Besides pineapple was better when it was still cold.

She turns and looks towards Duplicity My story, it's the same as yours only one chapter behind Well that's what she was thinking anyways but she wasn’t going to quote that movie out loud. She frowns at him and looks down at her sweater. Who solves mysteries in a blue sweater? That would just get dirty so easily "U-um...I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to ask…Could you try asking again?” Diana adjusts her glasses and looks at the Shadowlord
Dia Halliwell
Dia Halliwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum